Hello!!! I am SO excited to get back to posting party features in my Making Life A Party series! I took a little break while I was working away on my online course Party With Alison, and now I can’t wait to get back to showcasing your party gems!
Making Life A Party is ALL about featuring real parties, thrown by real awesome people, who aren’t just making beautiful parties, but are making their life a party as well.
I know how silly talented so many of you are, and I want to share your genius with the world! But lots of people feature parties, right? And I have some parameters in place to make sure I’m featuring a certain TYPE of party that aligns with The Alison Show philosophy about life and parties in general! In short I’m looking for real, fun, and fun-to-look-at parties!
Guidelines for submitting your party:
1. The party must be real!
I love your photoshoots and party idea posts, but the Making Life A Party series is about real parties that have been attended by real actual people (not just friends posing as props!) Haha. Again, I respect photoshoots and that type of content, it’s just not a right fit for this series.
2. But it doesn’t have to be a certain type of party!
I want to feature kid’s birthdays, anniversary parties, baby showers, bridal showers, grown-up birthdays, just-for-the-hell-of-it shindigs and all other fun events! I’m super open to the party type! Even if it was a grand opening! I’m just not looking to feature weddings. Because that’s a whole different beast!
3. You have at least 10-15 pictures I can feature.
I am not looking for exclusivity at this point, nor do I want to steal any thunder from your blog. I will link back to all people for all things. But for this feature I will need 10-15 usable images to showcase your event. If you used a photographer you will also need to make sure they give me permission to post the images.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR PARTY:
Please send your submissions to: email@example.com — yes it’s long and yes my name has 1 ‘L’ — with the subject title of YOUR NAME. Not like the words “your name” haha but your name.
1. Send me a BRIEF, we are talking brief intro, that includes who YOU are (what you do, ie stay-at-home parent, business owner, rocket scientist) who the party was for, what the party was, a theme if you had one, and a link to anywhere I can view the party online. Blog post, IG account. I’d also LOVE to know if you used my course: Party With Alison, to plan your event. It’s totally ok if you didn’t, or if you don’t have a blog or anywhere I can view the party online. It’s not required that you have some sort of online presence, just that I can link to you somehow!
2. Please include up to but no more than 10 low-resolution images (under 1000 px wide) of the event. We will not use your images for any purpose without your permission or feature the party without talking to you.
3. Please indicate whether the party has been featured, or will be featured on any other sites.
4. You are certainly allowed to submit more than one party, but please do so in a separate email entry, and keep in mind I probably won’t feature a party that happened over a year ago. If your submission is chosen we will send you some questions to answer. If you don’t want to answer any questions then this isn’t the feature for you!
That’s it! That’s all I want from you! Well that and your undying loyalty and love.
When you send your submission you should receive an autoresponder message notifying you that we got it. If you don’t get this, we don’t have it! Check your spam, and check that the email address is correct: firstname.lastname@example.org and if you still don’t get the autoresponder, resend the submission.
I cannot WAIT to see your fabulous events and share how you are making your life a party with my friends and hot humans of The Alison Show universe. OMG can we call it a universe? Too much?
Lots of love!