The sexy mamas at Small Fry blog asked me to make a backdrop and a table cloth using my turkey stencil. I of course said, YES! BUT…sorry ladies, no time to make two! I literally made this while packing to head out of town for Camp Mighty. So if you think you don’t have time before T-day, well, you’re wrong. Haha.
How to make a Thanksgiving Photo Booth Backdrop/ Tablecloth
1. The table cloth is from Wal-mart. It was about $12. You could also easily make a tablecloth from scratch, but like I said, I was SUPER pressed for time.
2. I cut out 10 of my turkey stencils from freezer paper…this took me about 2 1/2 episodes of Nashville. I LOVE NASHVILLE!
3. I placed my table cloth on the floor and spaced out my turkeys. I did 4 rows: 3 turkeys, 2 turkeys, 3 turkeys, 2 turkeys (3+3+2+2=10) man, that took some brain power.
4. I used my iron to loosely iron them in place.
5. I moved things to my ironing board, working one row at a time I ironed the turkeys really well (full directions on how to use freezer paper can be found here with the stencil) and then I painted them.
6. I let the turkeys dry for about 10 minutes and then I moved on to the next row.
7. Then voila! You have a turkey back drop perfect for a thanksgiving photo booth for the kiddos, OR you, OR a yummy turkey tablecloth you can chow down on.
Be sure to hop on over to Small Fry Blog for details on the cute props, and for more Thanksgiving fun!
ALSO! I’m doing a round-up of my turkey t’s and turkey butts! If you’ve made one PLEASE send me a picture RIGHT THIS SECOND! alisonfaulkner [at] gmail.com.