Remember way back when how I did a DIY Studded Peter Pan Collar Necklace? Well I still have a TON of studs left over, so I’m always looking for a fun way to use them.
I was checking out one of my favorite sites Honestly…WTF, when I came across a tutorial for an embellished collar shirt. They use buttons and fabric glue, but I thought it would look just as cute, and a little more me, with studs.
Either way, it combines two things I love, a good chambray and bling.
Where to buy studs
I was lucky enough to be given a huge set of fun studs from my amazing aunt, but this site has a good selection, and so does this place. They are hard to find in the craft store! So that’s the only annoying part. You might find them at a specialty fabric store or leather store. But if you want to be safe order online.
I’ve run the shirt through the wash once, and I did lose a couple of studs, but I think I just hadn’t secured them well enough in the first place.
How to stud your collar tips
1. Turn on one of your last episodes of Dawson’s Creek, and grab a collared shirt, some studs and some tweezers, pliers or some other small tool.
2. Lay out your studs to get a feel for how much bling you want.
3. Start pushing your studs through the cloth. Use your small tool to turn the prongs in on the back.
4. If you can stand it (I can’t) watch this really annoying video for more help.
5. Put on your shirt and make love to the camera.
Work it gurl!
next up: More about the day I was 10 feet away from Martha Stewart