Alison’s Year of Awesome! January 2017: Enthusiasm

Alison’s Year of Awesome! January 2017: Enthusiasm
December 30, 2016 Alison Faulkner

yearofawesome-thealisonshow_0006

yearofawesome-thealisonshow_0015
2017 is almost here, but right now I’m not interested in talking about goals. Goals are cool. Goals are fun! But I’m not looking to just achieve some goals in 2017, I am looking to SLAY AT LIFE.

I’m interested in operating at my highest possible level, and living on a plane of thought where I feel expansive and light. I’m seeking overall contentment and the assurance that I’m coming at everything from a place of love, and living in a state of mind that will enable me to contribute and grow.

That’s why I’ve decided to make 2017 ALISON’S YEAR OF AWESOME. Because I’ve found that happiness has less to do with achieving goals, and more to do with our mental state–our ability to face life’s challenges and find joy even when nothing is going to plan.

I believe that we have the power to make our life EXACTLY what we want it to be. We just need to the tools to do so.

So I decided to hold myself accountable for cultivating those tools, and I’m doing that with one large-and-in-charge wall calendar!

yearofawesome-thealisonshow_0008

Yes, I said a wall calendar!

yearofawesome-thealisonshow_0012

I really love large wall calendars, and I know that physical daily reminders are a simple but effective way to shift our thoughts. Creating these wall calendars takes a great deal of time and cost, and so at first I was going to sell them as a download in my Party With Alison shop. But as I sat down to write, and really thought about how I can best serve this amazing community that I am privileged to be a part of, I decided that for 2017, I’ll be offering the Year of Awesome calendar for free. All you need to do is join my newsletter, called Club Alison, and at the end of each month I will send you a new calendar.

I’m sharing more about the calendar, and why I chose this month’s theme in this video! I’ll be doing this every month!

SIGN UP FOR MY NEWSLETTER HERE TO GET ALISON’S YEAR OF AWESOME WALL CALENDAR EACH MONTH!

And here’s how the calendar works! Each month I’m choosing an Awesome Attribute. An attribute that I know from experience helps us create an amazing life.

yearofawesome-thealisonshow_0014

Then each month I’m gifting you a FREE WALL CALENDAR that highlights the Awesome Attribute. It also has 4 weekly challenges, so you can put that trait in to action on the daily. The calendar comes with the same instructional video and PDF about printing that I send to anyone who has purchased something from my download shop Party With Alison. It clearly illustrates how to print these bad boys!

yearofawesome-thealisonshow_0010

As I explain in the video, January’s theme is ENTHUSIASM and it is intended to get you pumped up for the new year! There will be no tip toeing into 2017, only chorus line kicking and shimmying. Enthusiasm might come naturally to you, or you might need to cultivate it. The good news is you CAN learn to increase your enthusiasm and the simplest way to do it is to: ACT ENTHUSIASTIC. It’s science, I swear. Having fun and finding joy isn’t living in denial of your sadness, struggles or heartache. On the contrary, looking for joy and creating enthusiasm are the healthiest and best options for finding ways to carry on in the presence of pain.

Each week I’ll be sending you tips for utilizing the weekly challenges. We are doing this TOGETHER.

yearofawesome-thealisonshow_0016

And know this, I want to hear from you. I want to hear how these challenges and attributes are changing your life, like they have changed mine. I want this to be something that truly is a CLUB. And I want to invite you to be a part of it.

SIGN UP FOR MY NEWSLETTER (and get the FREE calendar) HERE!

I believe with my whole heart that this YEAR OF AWESOME is the greatest way I can serve you. And I can’t wait to get started on this.

So be sure to watch the video, and then tell me what you think!

I’M ALREADY HAVING FUN.

yearofawesome-thealisonshow_0003

Are you going to party with me?

yearofawesome-thealisonshow_0004

And I want to share this with as many people as possible, and really build the community of babes making 2017 their YEAR OF AWESOME! So I’d love if you share this post, or my video, and encourage your friends to join us! The more the merrier and in this case, the more the more awesome the world will be.

Thank you for being here. Thank you for caring. Thank you for sharing your love with me and I can’t wait to party with you.

xo,

1. Laura Hager 12 months ago

I’m so excited for this! Thank you for your honesty and hard work in creating this awesome community! I’m going to print my calendar today, so I’m all ready for the New Year!

Laura

2. Taryn 12 months ago

I’ve been really struggling to feel excited about the new year and watching this video on the bus ride to work this morning made me cry with you. Thank you for thinking of this great way to get me invested in making my life fun again! I can’t wait for January Enthusiasm to hit.

Alison Faulkner 12 months ago

Aw thank you for watching and for sharing that! It means so much! So much love to you!

3. Rachel 12 months ago

I love this!!!! I am SOOO pumped for this!!! I definitely needed this, thank you!
    Please share where that sweater is from, I’m very enthusiastic about acquiring one! It’s perfect!!

Alison Faulkner 12 months ago

HAHAHA thank you! it’s from Soel Boutique!

4. Rachel 12 months ago

Thank you for sharing! Really though, thank you for starting this! I am hitting Weight Watchers very hard in January since I slacked off this fall. I am needing all the enthusiasm I can get. Definitely a perfect word!

5. Tosha 12 months ago

OMG! I’m SO in! I want to SLAY AT LIFE!!! Thank you for sharing your heart with us….I adore you and love your realness, awesomeness and inspiration! Going to print my calendar and get ready to kill it in 2017! xx

6. Kelly Smith 11 months ago

Yes! I am so excited for this! Also, I can vouch that enthusiasm and joy coexist with heartache and sadness. When Matilda was in the hospital on life support, it was both the hardest and happiest time of my life. I had to reach deep, and with that reach I found so much more love that it completely changed me. Thanks for this Alison!

7. Carol 11 months ago

So excited! Thanks for being motivational and an encourager! I’m looking forward to the calendar every month! You are the best!!!

8. Kristina Snider 11 months ago

YES YES YES!!!! this was so so goooood! #imwithalison #slayatlife

9. Diane Loll 11 months ago

I hope you all have a fantastic 2017! Love, Happiness, Prosperity.. What ever you need in life to have your chunk of happiness!!

10. Kalls 11 months ago

I’m so so sorry Dec. brought so many challenges for you! I admire your positivity and ability to bring light to others. I hope things are on the up and up for you!
    Thank you for sharing this calendar with us, and for your generosity!

11. Hope Brookins 11 months ago

SO MANY HEARTS! <3 <3 <3

You're seriously the best!

12. Amy 11 months ago

Girl – I’m behind. I wanted to watch this when you first emailed it out. I LOVE THIS and LOVE YOUR HEART. Thank you for coming into our lives with so much positive energy and courage.

13. Monica B 11 months ago

I just signed up! I love this! Is it too late to get the January calendar?!

Alison Faulkner 11 months ago

never! It should come in your email!

14. Heather Longnecker 11 months ago

Love this so much. Love your honesty, hard work and ability to share your creativity. xoxo

15. sierra 11 months ago

Love this! I am a little late to the party, but I am downloading and printing right now! You rock!!

16. Rebecca 6 months ago

I just came across this delightfulness. Are January – May available anywhere?

Many thanks!

17. Emily 4 months ago

Alison! I just found your website and I LOVE IT! I was really hoping to be able to get January-July! Any possibility?