HOPPY SPRING my little bunny.
We are almost entering what I like to call the “holiday dead zone!” And that means Alison’s Cookie Party will not be on sale for a while after this! I mean it will be for sale, just not ON sale.
SO!!! If you want Alison’s Cookie Party for 20% off! YOU SHOULD BUY IT NOW! With the code: HOPTOIT
And if you already have Alison’s Cookie Party, my online course that teaches you how to make the perfect sugar cookies with royal icing, then here are some fun Easter or Spring cookie ideas that I made last year, but didn’t get to share on the blog! Including my SUPER absurd Hoppy Easter Sugar Cookie Bunny Basket. Or something like that. I’ve got directions for them below.
I made these bunny baskets a few weeks before I found I out I was pregnant with Fiona. I tend to always start doing REALLY intense projects before I find out I’m having a baby. I think my body was trying to get as much done as it could before the sickness set in. Good thing I’m not doing THAT again! BABIES!
Ok, but here are the baskets. I’m not gonna lie, I felt like a BOSS taking them to people. Crap, maybe I’ll make more.
Kinda fun huh?! So here it is again:
1. Create pattern pieces for your cookies.
I don’t have the pattern pieces still. I tried to save them but I lost them. But I feel like if you’re intense enough to want to make one of those baskets, you can do what I did and draw out the pieces on paper, and then trace around them on the cookie dough with your paring knife. So essentially you are making your own cookie cutter patterns. I used a plate to make the round top, then just straight lines for everything else. EXCEPT I used a heart cookie cutter to make the bunny ear shape.
2. Bake your cookies and let cool.
3. Ice your cookies and let dry overnight.
4. Assemble your basket using the glorious pictures that I provided. To attach the all the cookies to each other I used super thick outline icing. Again! All of the cookie recipes and royal icing recipes are in my course: Alison’s Cookie Party!
5. Let the whole thing dry for at least 6 hours. I brought these to people on a plate. So I didn’t like try to carry the basket with its handle. I mean YOU COULD. But don’t blame me if you can’t. Well actually, you can blame me. You will have worked so hard, and should it all fall and break you’ll need someone to blame, and I’d rather you blame me than yourself.
6. Put some treats in them! You don’t have to JUST put sugar cookies in there! I put other candies to fill them up.
And if you need something a little less time consuming, OR you need some cookies to shove in your baskets, these guys are quick! Because SPRINKLES!!! I mixed three types of sprinkles to get this look.
COME ON! Those cotton candy tails should win me some sort of award, right?!
Anyway, there you have it! HOPPY EASTER EVERY BUNNY!
I love you all!