You’re Already There

You’re Already There

youre-already-there

Hey friend.

Can I just say that I LOVE that you read this blog? I know there are so many things on the Internet, and I’m on Facebook and Instagram and YOUTUBE! And there’s a lot going on, and everyone is busy.

But my hope is that if you’re stopping by, watching some videos, taking my survey, and leaving the occasional comment (in your head or on the blog) that there’s something here that is making your day better, easier, a tiny bit more fun.

I’m RIGHT in the middle of a blog redesign, so content should be easier and easier to find. I’m always in the middle of some new master plan for world domination. But at the end of the day it just means so much to me that you choose to spend time with me.

I believe with all my heart you’re doing a great job. HAHAHA last night Eric told me, “I just wish you could lower your standards!” As I was stressing over something and feeling like I could never live up to some expectation of something I had just done.

And I thought about it. I WILL NEVER LOWER MY STANDARDS. It’s just not me. But I do freak out a lot, so something needs to change. And if I can’t lower my standards, what can I do?

I could maybe raise my opinion of myself. I could raise my self-confidence, I could raise what I think I’m capable of. Instead of dropping the bar, maybe I can just POOF believe I’m pole-vaulting over it.

If I can’t lower the standard I can rise up to it. And I think for most of us we are already there. It’s more that we need to believe we are there than it is actually changing anything.

I’m already there. You’re already there.

So that’s my thought for today. I’m gonna try thinking that all day, try it too maybe and let me know how it goes!

ALison

1. Jacquelyn 2 months ago

Oh girl, you have no idea how close to home these words hit today! I’ve been struggling with this a lot lately, so thanks for the boost. xxoo

2. Kelly Smith 2 months ago

I am so with you on this one. I often wonder why I can’t just settle for normal. Why I jump into everything full force and then get so disappointed when I touch things and they don’t turn to gold.

But Alison, my friend, remember that sometimes you just need to get started, make your goals and put your pride aside (what you just did was awesome – and so what if the next thing isn’t as awesome – it will still be you), don’t poison your well, just keep giving, and whatever you do don’t compare yourself or your projects to those around you or gigs from the past.

Because Alison, you have invested in good people and there are a hell of a lot of people who are invested in you. And not at all because you did one awesome thing. But because you remind us of our sister, best friend, and even ourselves. You have done things differently and because of that we are all here.

SO listen, don’t lower the bar, but please DO cut yourself some slack – because sometimes the parts of you that I enjoy the most are the imperfect parts.

3. Kelly Smith 2 months ago

And don’t get me wrong, you are perfectly capable of jumping over the bar – I have seen you do it before. But I also don’t mind if you decide to shimmy around it. You are there, I have no doubt in my mind.

4. Katie Dotson 2 months ago

You knock my socks off. Keep being you. The world needs you just the way you are.

5. Viviana 2 months ago

Super wise! Thanks for sharing what you’re going through Alison and I agree that it’s tough to find the perfect balance between what we want, where we are in the process and what others want from us.

6. Ally Sorenson 2 months ago

You’re an inspiration and my husband and I are obsessed with your hilarious instagram posts. Thanks for making it so freaking cool to be yourself.

Alison Faulkner 2 months ago

oh man! thank you!!! I love when husbands love me too! haha

7. Sarah 2 months ago

#preachit

8. Do NOT lower your standards! I always read your blog but I usually don’t comment. BUT, I wanted to say that you are just KILLING IT lately. These parties you have been doing are amazing and everyone is having a blast. You have a gift, seriously. I love that you are pursuing your thing and the “how to be awesome” videos were great. keep it up!

9. Jane 3 weeks ago

Wise words! Love them–such a good reminder :) Also – love your blog and everything you do!