Heart of Gold Valentine’s Day Garland

Heart of Gold Valentine’s Day Garland

hearts of gold garland
heart of gold valentine's garland

I was rummaging through some old pictures and I found these images of my heart of gold garland Valentine’s day garland. I need to find that sucker and get him up because things are looking seriously shabby around here. In fact, I’m just throwing in the towel and busting out all the Valentine’s decor. It’s not that I don’t have other things to do, it just that I don’t have other things I’d RATHER do. Or that I can force myself to do.

In other news my anxiety is at an all-time high, I have no idea why, but this usually results in an onslaught of craft projects. So you can start bracing yourself for those. And I’m also in the midst of planning a FANTASTIC dinner for Bing for Alt Summit. I’m so excited about the theme, “Be Brave” that I could attempt a summersault.

It’s snowing like crazy today. Do you venture out in the snow? Or bundle up? I find if I don’t venture out, at least once a day, regardless of the weather, I go insane. I often find myself hurrying the kids into the car, yelling for lost boots, packing snacks, and battling with a whole lot of whining, even when I don’t have anywhere to go. It seems like nonsense, but I think it’s more about momentum than anything else.

By the time we get in the car I feel like I’ve won some sort of victory. So we grab a drink for me, and 10cent chalk sucker for Gigi at the Crest (gas station) drive-thru and call it a day. Sometimes I’ll drive around the block once or twice for good measure.

Anyway, that’s how we kick it over here. How about you?

1. Bethany 10 months ago

Ha, yeah, our “outside” time usually consists of hurrying into the car, driving somewhere we don’t have to get out of the car, then coming home feeling like real adventurers. Love the garland! Super excited to see more craft projects from you!

2. Cortnie 10 months ago

You are so awesome! I love the garland! I actually have tons of felt hearts I sewed just like this for a RS activity last year that I have been wanting to use and now can!! Where did you find that awesome trim?! Can’t wait to see what new crafts you have coming up!! You’re the best!

3. I really like to get out, and usually start out the day with those intentions, but lately I seriously haven’t even been going to the grocery store each week. As you so accurately described, it requires like 6 arms to go anywhere with a toddler and infant… and the grocery store is the WORST. I generally just hideout at home watching Netflix. Cake Boss or Storm Chasers if I get to choose but usually it’s Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood and Jake & the Neverland Pirates HA! No wonder I eat so much sugar…

4. Alicia 10 months ago

I don’t leave the house at all. I like staying in my PJ’s and drinking coffee all day. If it isn’t sunny, I won’t do a damn thing….I should probably be taking vitamin D!

5. Rach 10 months ago

So is there going to be snow at ALT? I’m thinking you’re not that far from Salt Lake City? Just wondering because I totally live in the tropics all year round and thinking about what to pack is hard when it’s always hot! PS. Best thing for anxiety is exercise – pick that bundle of Rad up and run around the house with him ;)

6. kaelee 10 months ago

when I venture out it really is an adventure. I live in a cabin, and in the winter we park our car about a quarter mile from the house. so rushing my kid to the car usually consists of getting fully bundled and booted, and driving the atv, or more recently getting my two year old on her skis, and skiing to the car. Despite all of that (I actually really love it), If I don’t get out of here at least once a day, I totally lose my mind! it is like my whole day was waated and I turn into a depressed anxious mess by night time.

Alison Faulkner 10 months ago

OH MY GOSH! That is amazing! I’ll stop being so mad about the ice i have to hop over! haha