Cookies for my Podiatrist

Cookies for my Podiatrist
September 4, 2013 Alison Faulkner

foot sugar cookies

I’ve been knee-deep in family fun time the past two weeks! I JUST got back from San Diego where I got to see my new nephew and throw a fun party for my mom’s 60th birthday!

But sometime between the two family vacays with two tiny children who require two tons of crap…I made some cookies for a podiatrist.

As I mentioned a few days ago, I had to get my toenail removed. Ewwww. But why did I make the podiatrist cookies? That’s a really good question. I’m not like a super nice person or anything like that. I don’t make cookies for all my doctors visits! But this doctor cut me a really big break in a very bad toenail situation, and for some reason I could not get the thought out of my head that I should make him some sugar cookies.

But I felt really odd and stupid making him sugar cookies. Was he totally going to think I was hitting on him with my sweet treats? Ha.

But then I remembered this thing this guy I dated once said, he told me, “I’ve decided that when I get the idea to do something nice for someone, I’m just going to do it and not feel stupid or self-conscious about it.”

And I loved that SO MUCH. Because so many times we think of doing something thoughtful, but don’t because we worry about how the other person might interpret it. But at the end of the day, cookies are cookies! And have you ever been mad at someone for making you cookies? So I figured, let the podiatrist think I’m insane, he did me a solid, and I had the feeling I should thank him, and baking creepy cookies is how I thank people who really deserve thanking.

So, how did the doctor like them? I HAVE NO IDEA. I was too embarrassed to deliver them and made Eric do it.

HAHAHAHA.

Baby steps.

Screen shot 2013-08-29 at 12.52.53 AM
Screen shot 2013-08-29 at 12.41.46 AM Screen shot 2013-08-29 at 12.42.33 AM

Screen shot 2013-08-29 at 12.38.42 AM

Screen shot 2013-08-29 at 12.38.20 AM

I plan on doing a full blown Sugar Cookie post soon with all the of questions I get asked about baking sugar cookies and royal icing! Hold on to your toenails, it’s gonna be good. But until then you can check out my “Bake It” section for the other cookies I’ve made!

Lots of love and creepy cookies,

**UPDATE** Haha they called and said they loved them and quote “appreciated having patients like me.” Gold STARS!!!

1. Tiff 4 years ago

Love it! And thanks for the reminder to follow through on generous thoughts/ideas. 🙂

2. Gloria 4 years ago

I love the idea of reckless abandon when it comes to doing something nice! I too get a little paralyzed by fear and the “but what will they think??’ mentality. Those cookies are adorable and I really hope my pantry is friendly to me today, I want to make some.

3. leah 4 years ago

how sweet of you! as a nurse, i am sure they appreciated these! i work in an ER, and we never get goodies from patients. i wish i had patients like you! you rock, and i think it is awesome that you sent these cookies, even though you felt a little funny about it.

but this is making me think that i should bring my co-workers in some cookies sometime – do you think they make severed limb, or gunshot wound shaped cookie cutters?

4. Rach 4 years ago

Oh my, I love you and your creepy cookies.

5. Greta 4 years ago

Those are so awesome!

6. alexis 4 years ago

OKAY… all packaged up like that?! Too god. You’re just too good. I guarantee you there was nothing creepy about them. JUST awesome.

7. Melissa 4 years ago

Firstly, you’re seriously my idol. Just throwing that out there. And secondly, my friend who works at this podiatry office posted a picture of these cookies and all the girls fawning over them on Facebook, so they were well received! When I saw the picture, I screamed – “It’s the cookies! It’s the cookies from The Alison Show! They are so lucky!” and then calmed my jealousy with a big dirty Coke from Crest.

8. Chelsea Stewart 4 years ago

Love this! And it’s funny because a few weeks ago, someone at church quoted Spencer W. Kimball’s wife. She said, “Never suppress a generous thought”. And I haven’t been able to get that quote out of my head. Those are some great words to live by. Good on you for following your generous instincts!