Strawberries and Cream Trifle Recipe

Strawberries and Cream Trifle Recipe

strawberries and cream trifle recipe
strawberries and cream trifle recipe

Yes, this strawberries and cream trifle IS as good as it looks. Perhaps even better! And I’m totally going to share the recipe with you. It comes from a fabulous new book by Wendy Paul called 101 Gourmet No-Bake Desserts In a Jar. I own all of Wendy Paul’s books, (she’s Eric’s aunt!) and I ADORE them all, but I have to say her cupcake book and now this one are tied for my favorite.

Wendy even included my Russian Cream recipe in her book, but of course she came up with a whole bunch of fantastic variations of it that I cannot wait to try.

no-bake-desserts

If you haven’t tried my Russian Cream recipe you have not lived. I mean that sincerely.

But, for something EVEN easier I suggest this trifle dish! I love making a trifle for a party or dinner with guests because you can prepare it the night before. It’s also a great dessert to make when you’re going to have a lot of kids around. I actually made my Strawberries and Cream Trifle with angel food cake instead of pound cake (what the recipe calls for) because that’s all the dinky grocery store that’s down the street from me had on hand. It was DELICIOUS and not too filling. Perfect after a summer BBQ.

Ready to dig in? Click through for the recipe!

strawberries-and-cream-trifle

Strawberries and Cream Trifle Recipe

4 cups fresh strawberries (divided)
5 Tbsp. sugar (divided) *I used less because my strawberries were so sweet
1 quart heavy whipping cream
2 cups powdered sugar (again I used less because my berries ROCKED)
1 pound cake or angel food cake cut into 1/2″ slices

MASH 1 cup strawberries (I used my magic bullet) Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar, set aside. Whip your heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in desired amount of powdered sugar. Remove half of the whipped cream and fold in the mashed strawberries. Slice the remaining 3 cups of berries and sprinkle with sugar.

LAYER little individual jars or a large trifle dish with the cake, the strawberry cream, berries, whipped cream, and then more cake until you’ve filled your dish.

SERVE in individual jars or cups for a party, or spoon a heaping mess of it into a plastic cup at your BBQ. Bask in the taste of sweet, sweet summer!

Strawberries and cream trifle

Enjoy! And be sure to check out Wendy’s yummy new book!

note: This recipe was posted with permission. Be sure to always get permission when you post recipes or anything else from books! Aight? xo

1. Emily 1 year ago

looks amazing! i’m totally making this today! thanks for sharing.

2. Aleah 1 year ago

HI Allison! My name is Aleah. I just wanted to let you know that I came across your recipe for those delicious sugar cookies. I made them and they are SO good. I shared the link to the recipe on my blog because they are so yummy :) PS, your blog is wonderful!

Alison Faulkner 1 year ago

oh great! thank you! I love when people enjoy my recipes as much as I do!! xo

3. Kris 1 year ago

This looks incredible! I’m saving this to try later :)

4. Lori 1 year ago

Hi Alison, my daughter and I just made this recipe and everyone loved it, its amazing!!!

5. Chloe 1 year ago

Going to try this for my husbands birthday!! :D

6. Jude 1 year ago

Alison…Would this work just as well with brownies (don’t like angel food or pound cake)?

7. Hannah 1 year ago

I made this in cups and a glass bowl for a shower last night. It was beautiful, yummy, and easy! Thank you!

Alison Faulkner 1 year ago

That makes me so happy to hear! hooray!

8. Ashley 6 months ago

I wanted to try this with raspberries since those are my sister in law’s favorite and her show is tomorrow. Any suggestions? Anything I should alter? Because this sounds DELICIOUS!! :)

9. Jenn 4 months ago

I made this for a family gathering for Memorial Day. It was easy, had a big “wow” factor, and most importantly was delicious! Loved by everyone from the one-year-old to the seventy-year-old. The leftovers kept for about a week in the fridge.