Mr. Rad is here!

Mr. Rad is here!

Screen shot 2013-04-27 at 6.42.10 PM
Mr. Rad sporting the onesie I made him!

Screen shot 2013-04-27 at 6.44.50 PM
gigiandrad

He’s here! He’s here! Baby Rad has arrived.

Rad Eric was born on April 18th weighing 8lbs 1oz. The birth was easy compared to Gigi’s, but we did have to stay at the hospital for some extra days because Rad was “in distress” which basically meant he was working too hard to breathe and then he got jaundice. What can I say, I make a yellow fellow! It was difficult being in the hospital for so long and not getting to hold Rad a lot, but it was kind of hard to take him too seriously because he made the cutest little “distressed” grunts the whole time. Such a man.

But all is well now and we are resting and cuddling, and changing poopy diapers. Ginger is blowing my mind with how adorable and loving she is towards Rad. She pets his hair like he’s a puppy and out of the blue announced, “I like him.” Which obviously made me cry.

And speaking of crying…I do a lot of that too. Haha, one day I will be a normal human again. Or my version of normal. But my mom is here and she is the most wonderful person in the world. Eric and I never ever want her to leave.

But really, I’m already starting to feel less crazy, and we are just all twitterpated with our tiny new boyfriend. We are incredibly blessed and filled with so much love.

Thank you SO MUCH for all your support and well wishing! We appreciate it all!

Lot’s of love.

xo,

p.s. We ended up naming him just Rad! ha, not Radcliff. We just weren’t calling him that, so we figured, why name him that? But Gigi still calls him, “Baby Radcliff” so we’ve adopted the philosophy that everyone gets to call him whatever they want pertaining to Rad. I mostly call him Mr. Rad.

1. ahhhh congrats congrats congrats! <3 Glad you're all home safe and sound – enjoy!

2. Alison, you are such a hero! As is Rad and the rest of the fam. So many congratulations and I can’t wait to hear more Rad-related stores on your blog :)

3. Jessica 1 year ago

Parker will most likely call him Radcliff. I was talking about him to my mom and kept saying “radcliff this and radcliff that” and Parker finally says, “Mama… who’s Radcliff?” He had no idea we were talking about a baby the whole time. But he thought he was very cute once I showed him the pic. Good job, mama.

Alison Faulkner 1 year ago

Haha Parker can call him anything he likes!

4. leah 1 year ago

i love that you named him Rad. he is beautiful and it’s good to hear you are all well. the photos of him and gigi are so adorable.

i remember people warning me about the seventh post-partum day… and remembering that day. people were visiting, chloe was a weed old, and it just got to be too much. i took chloe, barricaded us in the family room, and cried until everyone left. it’s weird and crazy.. and i think it is just a natural reaction to so much goodness after the long wait of pregnancy… and then you go back to normal… or you know.. whatever normal is for you :)

congrats to you and your beautiful family!

Alison Faulkner 1 year ago

I’d never heard that! but i’d also never heard of post partum anxiety, which is way more what I get than depression, but either way, it’s ALL CRAZY haha, feeling much better now! xo

5. Emily 1 year ago

I obsessively checked your block for the baby announcement! He is adorable. Congratulations! My last baby had jaundice and we had to drag our sorry, tired bums to the doctor every day to have his blood checked until it cleared. Sunlight helped..he was also the baby that rolled off my lap a few times in the middle of the night while nursing. :) He is only slightly crazy now.

6. Jodi Palmer 1 year ago

Congratulations to you and your family! He’s darling. I absolutely love the name :)

7. ashmae 1 year ago

So happy for you guys! What a perfect little guy you made. So excited for this to be us in ten days! Way to go. xo

8. Hannah F 1 year ago

Mr. Rad is jadorable! I love the onesie. And the cute family pic. Gigi is growing up sooo nicely. Thanks for sharing.
    P.S. No onesie tutorial???

9. Kim 1 year ago

Congratulations on your beautiful baby! Not a day goes by that I don’t think about how amazing my mom was when she stayed with me after I had my second baby. Moms are just incredible at their ability to swoop in and make this huge adjustment so much easier. That being said, take it easy on yourself once she leaves! I absolutely love having two kids but it took me some getting used to in the beginning (just the “how am I supposed to grocery shop?” part and stuff). Congratulations again!

Alison Faulkner 1 year ago

oh man! I’ve heard it takes 21 days to form a habit, so i’m giving myself at least 21 for this “habit” to form…but maybe i’ll have to start counting once my mom leaves…

10. Melissa 1 year ago

I have a nephew named Max, just Max. And I always call him Maxwell because I like that name. And no one seems to care. It all works out somehow!

Congrats, dear Alison! I hope your emotions do go back to normal soon, but just as a warning, I’m still super crazy emotional (I cry at almost everything), and my baby is almost 2. It might not ever go back to normal! C’est la vie!

11. lizzy 1 year ago

dude. i told you we were kindred namers. :)
    congrats on your rad little bundle!

12. alicia 1 year ago

HOORAY! congrats alison, so happy for you and your beautiful family :)

13. Muffin Grayson 1 year ago

Congrats Allison! He is a doll! Can’t wait to meet him in person! Oh, and see more pictures!

14. Studio 1 year ago

I really love this post, especially when you talk about quality comments. I really hate it when someone comments on my blog with something like “cute outfit, want to follow each other?” because you know they are just after followers and not looking at building actual blogging relationships.