Milk and Donuts Valentine’s party

Milk and Donuts Valentine’s party

donuts and milk valentines party

Contrary to popular belief, I am totally trying to simplify things in my life! No, I swear. So when I was thinking of some fun ways to celebrate my favorite holiday, my top priority was keeping it simple! So instead of baking my own treats, and throwing a huge themed party, I decided to gussy up one of my favorite lil’ treats, donuts and milk.

donuts and milk valentines party

I also happened to be in possession of an AMAZING Martha Stewart Crafts Valentine Paper Pad and I was dying to put it to good use for my 12 months of Martha challenge.

milk and donuts valentines party
milk-and-donuts-party

I added some fun arrows to the donuts using toothpicks and bamboo skewers. And I cut out the arrow parts from my Martha Stewart Paper. I attached the paper with sticky dots, which I’ve mentioned before are one of my FAVORITE must-have craft supplies.

I styled my treats with a few goodies from Minted’s Conversation Hearts party pack!

milk and donuts party

I dyed the milk pink with a drop of red food coloring, and rimmed the glass with gold sprinkles! The best way to rim a glass like that is to mix a tiny bit of powdered sugar with milk to make a bit of a frosting. Dip the rim in the icing, and then dip it sprinkles! You could also use strawberry milk of course! But I don’t like the sweet on sweet.

All in all I think this is the perfect way to share some love on Valentine’s day with your lover, a play group, or your girls you watch The Vampire Diaries with!

milk and donuts party

(all photos by Heather Mildenstein)

I hope you’re getting pumped! Be sure to check out all of my Valentine’s ideas here!

Happy crafting!

1. Shalynna 2 years ago

So cute and simple!

Where are the milk glasses from?

Did I answer this!? So sorry! This one is from hobby lobby, but you can buy them in bulk at bakeitpretty.com!

2. Courtney Dalley 2 years ago

Seriously. These ideas come from your head??? All the time??? I love these!

3. Carla Thorup 2 years ago

I love the skewer’d donuts! Genius lady

4. Sarah Curry 2 years ago

Oh, so cute! Such a fun surprise to see my Minted Valentine’s Day party suite/design in action! Love the arrows + donuts!

5. Hanna 2 years ago

Eek!!!! I’m dying!!! This is soooooo flippin cute:)

6. Galina 2 years ago

This is soo creative :)
    One question though you didn’t have to use all the supplies provided?

7. Alice 2 years ago

Valentine’s Day may be long over but I’m still in love with this post!
    Milk and donuts make the perfect combination not just for breakfast but for just about any time of day when the craving hits (aka ALL the time). This is too creative and definitely something I’ll have to keep in mind for next year. My only concern would be that my milk and donuts would then be too pretty to eat! Heehee :)

Thanks for sharing this Alison!

~Alice