You may or may not know Valentine’s day is my FAVORITE holiday! It involves everything I truly appreciate: sugar, presents, love and stationary. I mean, COME ON! What’s not to like?
In high school I would shower my friends with odd gifts and poems, mostly about how boys were stupid. In my college years I mailed out a Valentine’s Day love mix CD every year. And the last few years I’ve sent out Valentine’s Day cards instead of Christmas cards. This year I did Christmas cards because I wanted to send out pictures of me NOT pregnant. I know, I’m so vain.
So, needless to say, I’m pretty freaking stoked for Valentine’s day. I thought I’d share some projects from last year to encourage you to jump on board my love boat. And to prep you for the fact there’s a lot more on its way.
1. Felt Heart Valentine’s Wreath: My door looked so bare with the absence of my Pom-Pom wreath, I just put this lil sucker up! I actually just keep this around my house year-round because I like it so much.
2. Tiny Tat T-shirt Freezer Paper Stencil: I have a “MOM” and a “DAD” version of this lil stencil, and it’s so easy to add to a store-bought t-shirt, or to whip up one of my tiny t’s and stencil it on. I think they look so cute on a tiny person and I’m totally making Ginger another one this year! See, I totally practice what I preach!
3. Printable Mini Calendars and Journals: Technically this isn’t a Valentine’s craft, but I think these would make a really cute gift for your friends. You could even put some cute hearts on the cover! Plus, February is pretty close to the start of the new year, so people are still in need of calendars. Well, I know I am!
4. Polymer Clay Earrings: These would be another easy, and inexpensive gift to make for some special ladies in your life. These are a satisfying craft night activity because you can finish quite a few pairs in about an hour. And that includes chatting and Instagram breaks.
5. The Best Drugstore Lipsticks: I don’t know about you, but my skin and complexion are needing a total PICK-ME-UP right about now. Last year I conducted this very intense study on the best drugstore lipsticks, and I still use and love each and every one of them! I don’t think the colors have gone out of fashion either. But if you wanted a different color in these same brands, I’ve had a lot of success with them. Plus a new lipstick always gets me in the puckering mood.
So, is it too early?! Am I overwhelming you with my enthusiasm? Like that has ever stopped me before.
I already have an amazing dessert and garland planned, and it’s not even Feb. yet. Also, I wanted to thank you if you ordered a Doll Face pattern or a mobile last week! I really appreciate the support and I hope with all my heart you enjoy them.
Happy crafting loves,