As promised, the Valentine’s fun has BEGUN! SO! Throw your mittens around your kittens and AWAY WE GO!
My mantle was looking so sad. It had such a special Christmas, and it seriously started BEGGING me to adorn it with pink and pleather. So OBVIOUSLY I obliged. I used this gold pleather on my Doll Face Doll, and it was so fun I had to use some more. Pleather is fantastic because it doesn’t fray. It IS expensive, but it comes in such wide yardage (the bolt is more like 50″ instead of 36″) you really don’t need much. But I loved the pink stitches on the cream felt, so I used some of that too.
Click through for the full how-to!
HOW TO MAKE YOUR HEARTS OF GOLD
1. Cut out the hearts in the two template sizes. Trace desired heart shape on the BACK of the pleather. You don’t want to pin it because it will leave little holes. Fold the fabric in half so that you are cutting out two hearts.
2. Split your embroidery floss in half. I like stitching with 3 of the 6 strands. You can stitch with all 6, but it will make a bolder stitch.
3. Make evenly spaced stitches around the outside of your heart. Leave an inch open, stuff the heart with tiny pieces of stuffing, and then finish stitching up the heart.
4. Using a needle and a FULL strand of embroidery floss string your hearts.
5. Take pictures of your adorable garland and then SHOW THEM TO ME!
I have lots of other ideas for these little hearts, so be sure to stay tuned!!