I had seen it on Netflix for a while, but never REALLY thought about pushing play. I mean, I didn’t have to with so many episodes of Toddlers & Tiaras and Gossip Girl to keep me busy. But then I started hearing some buzz. “It was great!” “You’ll become obsessed!” And so, naturally, I needed to see for myself.
What COULD the Justin Bieber documentary, Never Say Never, have to offer to a 28-year-old mom, crafter, lover of Pink Floyd, and all around hip-cat like me? (Please note, I’m aware proclaiming oneself as “hip” automatically negates the statement)
Well I’ll tell you, A-LOT. In fact, I was SO blown away while watching Never Say Never I felt inclined to share with you:
10. Justin Bieber is CRAZY talented. I mean, I knew the little 7-year-olds down the street were into him (they’ve been doing choreographed dances in his honor for years) but he is like a mini MJ. I seriously had no idea how full of talent that bright-eyed, swishy-haired, gyrating adolescent was. RESPECT JB.
9. It’s always good to have a signature color. This is something I used to apply to my marathon days, I’d pick a power color for the race and pretend it made me faster. But I like this in my aim for stardom (everyday life) as well. Though, I’m not sure glitter, gold lame or sequins are “colors” I’d like those to be my signature look. FYI JB’s sig. color is purple. Surprised you didn’t know that.
8. JB loves donuts as much as I do. He pulled some out of the trash on tour. We have SO MUCH in common!
7. Sunglasses always always ALWAYS make you look cooler. Usher confirmed this fact yet again. And if you need even more evidence…
6. I really really really want to be One Less Lonely girl. Does anyone know how to make this happen for me? I was WRITHING on the floor with stress/ excitement/ embarrassment (lust?) JB really knows how to work the serenade.
5. When I sell out at Madison Square Garden, I’m going to make sure my roadies keep extra tickets on hand to give to my die-hard fans. It really means a lot to them.
4. JB went all across the country from radio station to radio station to promote his album. That takes dedication, humility, and guts. So, what am I doing to that extent to make my dreams come true? I mean, if JB can do it, why can’t we?
3. Following Justin Bieber on twitter immediately after watching the movie falls into the category of, “It seemed like a good idea at the time….”
and the number one thing I learned from watching Justin Bieber’s documentary…well it should be obvious:
So, it goes without saying I highly recommend the movie. Let me know if you get as many great take-aways as I did!