Where have I been?

Where have I been?
September 6, 2011 Alison Faulkner

Where have I been? What happened to the usually prolific and peppy blogger you once knew? She hasn’t posted in AGES. (well ages for me)

Well, it’s so nice of you to be concerned. So I will tell you exactly where I’ve been. Mostly I’ve been on my couch watching the first season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I also managed to squeeze in the first few episodes of Melrose Place. In between episodes of pretty bad acting and pretty awesome flashbacks of what I used to wear in middle school, I’ve been wrangling a pretty grumpy baby, who is teething and miserable. And incidentally, shortly after this adorable scene this morning:

Shortly after this endearing scene, she pooped in the tub.
pooped in the tub. I’m still in the process of cleaning that up. But really, let’s face it. We all know I needed to scrub my bath anyway, and this was probably the only thing that could get me to do a really thorough job.

I may have possibly made Gigi some dresses, and whipped up another batch of salsa. But I don’t want you thinking I’ve been anything but lazy. My Brazilian Butt Lift? It’s totally starting to sag. My newly organized craft corner? Well, let’s just say it’s more of a chaos corner as of late.

But! Because I had such a lazy week last week, and perhaps the week before…I’ve decided to kick it back in gear. I’m gonna start by scrubbing the tub and cleaning up the dishes from the salsa I made 3 days ago.

Also, I’ve decided one major problem with this blog is: there aren’t nearly enough pictures of ME.

So I’m going to rectify that tomorrow. 🙂

I love you all!

1. Natalie | The Bobby Pin 6 years ago

Babies pooping in the tub has me totally terrified of parenting. It just sounds like a no-bueno idea! Good luck!

2. the fowlers 6 years ago

pooping in the tub is ellie's favorite trick. yuck. yuck.

and this is a totally tmi mom thing, but she usually does it when she is teething, too. it's because she always gets a rash and her bum is so sore that she doesn't want it in her pants. 🙁

teething = worst thing ever.

3. Kim Baise 6 years ago

sooo cute!!

4. Megan 6 years ago

Just wait until she gets older and eats more disgusting foods. Or better yet, when she throws up in the tub. Kids are so fun, right?!

5. Melissa Bothwell-Inglis 6 years ago

oh my good gravy.. she's back! I thought your recent vortex of 'social media woes' had made you go off radar! ;o) Will the said photo-shoot of your face be during poop detail, salsa cleaning… or after? I'm picturing some dirty,hot and spicy craziness from your angle… baha!
    Mel

6. Jenna 6 years ago

Oh my gosh. My first baby never pooped in the tub, not even once, but the second one has done it 3 or 4 times. Luckily his dad was bathing him all those times so I only had to watch from the sidelines as he handled it. Ha! I shouldn't laugh; the poo gods are going to exact revenge on me.

Yes, more pictures of your cute face are needed.

7. Amanda 6 years ago

Why does teething have to be SO miserable? I swear I had the spawn of Satan for a couple weeks there when Eleanor was cutting 3 teeth at once. Boo. As for poop, she hasn't done it yet (knock on wood/I just jinxed myself), but Ethan totally has. There is no way anyone can react fast enough for the bath to be salvageable. It disintegrates WAY too fast. Disgusting.

8. Erin 6 years ago

I've never been to your blog before…how did I miss you?

Such Cuteness. Such fun!

And do I have a salsa recipe for you that is to die for, and no dishes needed.

I'll get back to you with it.

9. Alison 6 years ago