Fancy Pants Birthday Party

Fancy Pants Birthday Party

For my daughter Gigi’s first birthday I threw her a Fancy Pants Birthday Party!

So watch out, things are about to get fancy.

Let’s start with decor. I had a very limited budget, and by limited I mean technically none. So I tried to use things I had around. Which, luckily in my case, is a lot of random stuff.

Fancy Blog Photos - 12
Fancy Blog Photos - 16

To help my guest feel even fancier when they arrived I set out a dress table. I made fascinators (miniature headpieces) for the women to choose from, and bowties for the gentlemen.

Fancy Blog Photos - 11 Fancy Blog Photos - 07
Fancy Blog Photos - 09
Fancy Blog Photos - 10

The fancy party hats were actually very easy to make, and very inexpensive!

The tutorial for the Fancy Party Hats is here!!

For the tables I simply cut giant felt “1”s and then placed out some sugar cookies I made. I also used those Ikea champagne flutes (rimmed with hot pink sprinkles) to give the tables some pop.

Fancy Blog Photos - 22
Fancy Blog Photos - 30 Fancy Blog Photos - 36

My mom and sister helped do the food. They went OVER THE TOP! I hope they didn’t feel any pressure…

Fancy Blog Photos - 29
Fancy Blog Photos - 19
Fancy Blog Photos - 18
Fancy Blog Photos - 15 Fancy Blog Photos - 17
Fancy Pants Party - 008

To keep people happy I made a “Pin the Fancy Pants on the Pony” game and a photo wall with some fun signs.

Fancy Pants Party - 125
Fancy Blog Photos - 33Fancy Blog Photos - 13

Ginger, of course, would not keep her party hat on.

Fancy Blog Photos - 26
Fancy Blog Photos - 27 Fancy Blog Photos - 32
Fancy Blog Photos - 01 Fancy Blog Photos - 20 Fancy Blog Photos - 05 Fancy Blog Photos - 02
Fancy Blog Photos - 51

But let’s get to what really matters. The baked goods. I plan on doing individual posts with the details of each baked good. So let me know if you have any questions. I did all the sweets!

Fancy Blog Photos - 41
Fancy Blog Photos - 38 Fancy Blog Photos - 37
Fancy Blog Photos - 39
Fancy Blog Photos - 45
Fancy Blog Photos - 50 Fancy Blog Photos - 47

There are SO many more photos I want to share. But we’ll start with just that! I don’t want to overwhelm you. Too late? All in all, it was a wonderful day. And despite the face she’s making with me, Gigi loved all the attention. Attention and sugar.

Fancy Blog Photos - 34 Fancy Blog Photos - 21

A HUGE thanks to Heather Mildenstien Photography for these BEAUTIFUL photos.There are more to come! If you can handle it?

Happy Fancy Pants to you!

1. Corca 3 years ago

The pictures turned out great! Props to Heather!

2. andrea 3 years ago

amazing! so fancy! i want more fancy food and baked goods. right now.

3. Danielle 3 years ago

Unreal! You are super mom!

4. Jenna 3 years ago

GAHHHHH!!! These are seriously AMAZING! Those jewel-encrusted donuts blew my mind into last century!

5. Jessica Dahlquist 3 years ago

Is that the shirt I sent?!?! Winner! What a party. You are so amazing and Ginger is one lucky lady. What will you do for next year? Hard to beat this!

6. Alison 3 years ago

Thank you!

7. Whitney Jay 3 years ago

I LOVE this sooooo much. soo soo much. Maybe someone has brought this up to you before, but have you read the "fancy nancy" children's books? I think you'd love them they are SO cute and funny, my Kindergarteners go crazy for them. In fact, I'm thinking of taking some of these ideas for a Kindergarten Fancy Party… they would die happy.

8. carla thorup 3 years ago

All of this = fancy-tastic!! Can't wait for more deets

9. Kassey 3 years ago

KILL ME!!! I love the little hats and bow-ties FESTIVE!

10. mer 3 years ago

love it! super great theme. especially love the pin the "fancy pants" on the donkey. brilliant.

11. Kay Richards 3 years ago

Ali..oh how darling and rare you are.. your mom gave me the link and I have had so much fun..Give that precious GiGi a birthday wish from Aunt Kay and not only did I love the party, but the potatoes too. You are the best..your enthusiasm is contagious. Next time your mom comes up lets party at my house with you and Andrea and the babies..would love it.

12. JenniB 3 years ago

You have just inspired my next birthday party. And, I'm turning 28. ;) Loved it!

13. Angie 2 years ago

I just had a Fancy Pants 30th birthday party last weekend ah-la your party inspiration. It was a lot fun! Thanks for the great idea!